Around the Point - February 2024
Welcome to the second edition of the Town of West Point’s official newsletter, Around the Point. Along with our social media and website, this is another tool to keep you informed about happenings around West Point and with Town Council. If you haven’t subscribed to notifications, take a minute to do so here and never miss an update from Town Hall.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the first West Point & King William County Restaurant Week. Our restaurants welcomed guests from near and far and served up delicious specials, new menu items, and more. Please continue to support our restaurants and local businesses often.
And now, a few notes about what’s happening around the Point:
- West Point Town Hall & DMV Select will be closed on Monday, February 19th in observance of Presidents’ Day. Refuse collection will operate on the normal route.
- In honor of Black History Month, follow the Historical Society of West Point on Facebook and learn more about our area’s local heroes.
- As a reminder, a work order must be submitted for Public Works to pick up yard debris and bulk items from your property. Call 804-843-3330 to submit your request. For more, check out our Refuse & Recycling guide.
- Details about Town projects can be found here, including photos of construction progress of the new West Point Branch Library.
- You can find our Town Council meeting schedule and community events on our Calendar, located on the home page. The next month’s meeting schedule will be posted during the last week of the month prior. Learn more about Town Council here.
- Save the dates for 2024’s Food Trucks by the River events and Jammin’ On the Point concerts: visitwestpointkingwilliam.com/events. If you are interested in volunteering to help with these events, contact Melissa Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t forget to stop by Town Hall or visit Facebook to vote for your favorite Farmers Market poster designed by talented students from West Point Middle and High School. Voting ends February 16th.
- Warmer weather is on the way and that means spring sports are on the horizon for our Pointers. Please be mindful of student athletes jogging around the school complex along Chelsea Road and Mattaponi and Magnolia Avenues.
Finally, February is American Heart Month. I encourage you to take advantage of our walking/biking trails, the Riverwalk, and all West Point has to offer for an active, healthy lifestyle. I look forward to seeing you around town!
Mayor, Town of West Point