Around the Point - January 2024
Happy New Year! Welcome to Around the Point, the Town of West Point’s official newsletter. 2023 was an exciting time in our town with the launch of a new website, increased attendance at events, the relocation of our police department to improved facilities, the addition of a kayak rental kiosk at West Point Creek, our first National Night Out, and much more. In addition to our social media channels and new user-friendly website, this newsletter is another tool to keep you better informed about events and happenings around West Point and with Town Council. If you haven’t subscribed to notifications, take a minute to do so here and never miss an update from Town Hall.
And now, a few notes about what’s happening around the Point:
- West Point & King William County Restaurant Week begins Monday, January 15th. Check out event details on Facebook, Instagram, or our tourism website.
- West Point Town Hall & DMV Select will be closed on Monday, January 15th in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Refuse collection will operate on the normal route.
- King William County Personal Property taxes are due by Tuesday, January 16th. For more information, visit https://www.kwc.gov/192/Treasurer.
- A work order must be submitted for our Public Works crew to pick up yard debris and bulk items from your property. Call 804-843-3330 to submit your request. For more, check out our Refuse & Recycling guide.
- Details about Town projects can be found here, including information about our upcoming Waterworks Improvement project happening between 18th and 23rd Streets.
- You can find our Town Council meeting schedule and community events on our Calendar, located on the home page. The next month’s meeting schedule will be posted during the last week of the month prior. Learn more about Town Council here.
- And finally, stop by Town Hall or visit Facebook to vote for your favorite Farmers Market poster designed by talented students from West Point Middle and High School. Voting ends February 16th.
I look forward to all 2024 has in store for our town and hope to see you at the many events our staff and Chamber of Commerce have planned.
Mayor, Town of West Point